Euro NCAP reveals five-star cars
Euro NCAP has announced its Best in Class Cars of 2012, in which eight vehicles received a five star rating for safety.
Euro NCAP published the results for 36 vehicles available on the European market. The eight five-star vehicles performed well in each of the four individual marking criteria: adult occupant protection, child occupant protection, pedestrian protection and safety assist systems.
The Best in Class Cars of 2012, recommended for their outstanding safety performance are:
- Renault Clio (1.0 base grade, LHD)
- Volvo V40 (1.6 diesel ‘Kinetic’, LHD)
- BMW 3 Series (BMW 320d, LHD)
- Ford B-Max (1.5 diesel ‘Trend’, LHD)
- Fiat 500L (1.4 petrol ‘Easy’ 4x2, LHD)
- Ford Kuga (2.0 diesel ‘Trend’, LHD)
- Hyundai Santa Fe (2.2 diesel, 5 seat ‘Comfort’, LHD)
- Ford Transit Custom (2.2 diesel ‘Trend’ Kombi LHD)
Click here for more information.
Report a reader comment
Click here to report a comment you consider to be offensive or inappropriate.
All the above are designed to be LHDrive, there are diffent characteristics when particularly pedals are connected remotely. I would like to see figures for both if NCAP is truly European.