A new report has urged the Government to call a halt on new shared space schemes, and undertake an urgent review of those already in place.
The number of miles travelled by car and taxi reached a record high in 2016, new Government figures have shown.
A new publication by the RAC Foundation provides guidance for the road safety community on the use of behaviour change techniques in road safety interventions.
A host of road safety initiatives have been recognised at the 2017 First Car Young Driver Awards ceremony which took place this afternoon (26 April).
Live updates from today's Young Driver Focus 2017, taking place at the RAC Club.
Solon Security, a leading supplier of crime prevention and community safety products, has launched a new innovation designed to block mobile phone signals.
A new government-backed project has unveiled plans to test driverless cars on UK roads and motorways by 2019.
The My Red Thumb campaign, designed to raise awareness of the risks of using a mobile phone while driving, will hold its third annual UK awareness day on 11 May.
Motorists who drive at speeds ‘excessively above legal limits’ in England and Wales will from today (24 April) be punished with new higher penalties.
ALSO: TyreSafe seeks participants for #ItHappenedToMe campaign & Uber unveils plans to test flying cars.
- Welsh awards seek to recognise unsung contributions (0)
- Stage set for sold out Young Driver Focus 2017 (0)
- Government publishes first ‘cycling and walking investment strategy’ (2)
- Cycling to work could ‘cut risk of premature death by 40%’ (9)
- DfT unveils new competition to boost walking and cycling (9)
- First speaker confirmed for 2017 National Conference (0)
- UK Road Safety Week to address ‘major problem’ of speed (13)
- Europe’s police forces gear up for ‘speed marathon’ (13)
- UK urged to ‘lace up’ for National Walking Month 2017 (0)
- Hub acts as ‘one-stop-shop’ for road safety in Gloucestershire (0)
- Star schools shine brightly in promoting sustainable travel (0)
- Motorcycle campaign asks ‘whose world are you?’ (3)
- PACTS launches ‘timeline of opportunities’ (0)
20mph limits |
Academy news |
Autonomous vehicles |
Drink driving |
Driver tiredness | Driver training | Driving at work | Driving conditions | Drug driving | Engineering | Enforcement
Events | Fit to drive | General news | In-car safety | Mobile phones | Motorcyclists | News in brief | Older drivers
Pedestrians | Research & evaluation | RSGB news | SCPs | Speed | Statistics & data | Teenagers
Vehicles & Technology | Young drivers