Brake has announced that the national launch for Road Safety Week 2014 will take place at Marble Arch in London, with regional launches in Edinburgh, Cardiff, Leeds, Portsmouth, and locations in the north west, north east and the Midlands.
Working in conjunction with the DVSA, FirstCar has launched a new free digital guide for learner drivers.
The DfT is to carry out a study of driver and road user behaviour to better understand how driverless vehicles can interact with society and other road users.
Final casualty figures for 2013 confirm that the number of people killed and injured on Scotland’s roads last year fell to the the lowest level since records began.
Sales of electric cars “continue to rapidly increase”, as record numbers take advantage of the Plug-in Car Grant.
Two teenagers have been crowned the UK's Best Young Drivers - before they are even old enough to drive.
The CTC has described the Government’s Cycling and Walking Delivery Plan as "derisory".
- Police Scotland video urges drivers to prepare for winter (1)
- Young driver tax break 'will save lives and money' (0)
- GEM issues deer alert for drivers (1)
- Government to increase tractor weight and speed limits (2)
- DfT launches consultation on Cycling Delivery Plan (22)
- Older road users still safe – but watch this space (16)
- Drivers support mandatory motorway driving test (16)
- 20mph improves public health: Durham University (16)
- Country Roads returns in Scotland (2)
- Speeding motorists fund young driver safety course (0)
- THINK! team and North Yorks RSO to present at National Conference (0)
- TfL fleet scheme wins Prince Michael award (1)
- SDST would ‘put children’s safety first’: GEM (2)
- Employers urged to take action on pedestrians and cyclists (2)
- Free seminar will focus on MORR (0)
- MP recognised for sleep apnoea campaigning (1)
- JRSO training underway in Hampshire (0)
- DVLA unveils first non-executive chair (0)
How modern technology is viewed by Britain's drivers.
Casualty reduction – end of the golden era?
Tanya Fosdick, senior analyst at RSA, examines the DfT's 2013 casualty data. Comments (3)
Academy news /
Drink driving /
Driver tiredness /
Driving at work /
Drug driving /
General news /
Mobile phones /
Research & evaluation
RSGB news /
Statistics & data /
Vehicles & Technology /