The CTC has described the Government’s Cycling and Walking Delivery Plan, which was launched last week, as a "derisory plan, not a delivery plan".
Police Scotland has produced a video showing drivers how to make simple checks on their vehicles, and giving advice on safe winter driving.
The Road Safety Foundation is calling for the removal of insurance premium tax from telematics insurance policies for drivers under the age of 25 years.
GEM Motoring Assist is calling on drivers to be extra vigilant in parts of the country where deer are common.
The Government is to allow higher tractor speeds and heavier tractor and trailer combinations from spring 2015.
The DfT has launched a consultation on its Cycling and Walking Delivery Plan.
While collision rates among older road users are still relatively low, that may not remain the case going forward.
- Drivers support mandatory motorway driving test (16)
- 20mph improves public health: Durham University (16)
- Country Roads returns in Scotland (2)
- Speeding motorists fund young driver safety course (0)
- THINK! team and North Yorks RSO to present at National Conference (0)
- TfL fleet scheme wins Prince Michael award (1)
How modern technology is viewed by Britain's drivers.
Casualty reduction – end of the golden era?
Tanya Fosdick, senior analyst at RSA, examines the DfT's 2013 casualty data. Comments (3)
Academy news /
Drink driving /
Driver tiredness /
Driving at work /
Drug driving /
General news /
Mobile phones /
Research & evaluation
RSGB news /
Statistics & data /
Vehicles & Technology /