Three local authority organisations were among the winners of the 2015 Fleet Safety Awards which were presented in Birmingham on 1 October.
A driverless lorry developed by Daimler has been successfully tested on a public road for the first time, in Germany (BBC News).
Richard Owen, a director of Road Safety Analysis (RSA), has been recognised by Brake for his ‘outstanding commitment to road safety’.
Two national newspapers, The Sun and the Guardian, have gone head-to-head in a row over guidelines relating to how speed cameras can be used.
Road Safety GB has unveiled plans to host a series of online forums on its website, the first of which will focus on the safety of motorcyclists.
The Transport Committee has announced that it is to conduct an inquiry into road traffic law enforcement across the UK.
More than half a million drivers were detected breaking speed limits in a pan-European speed control operation.
A roundup of all the other latest road safety related news.
- Road Safety Radio - an ‘eye opening experience’ (0)
- New smoking law comes into force amidst enforcement uncertainty (6)
- Brake calls on government to make it easier for councils to implement 20mph limits (8)
- Hi-vis vests handed out to protect pedestrians and cyclists (22)
- Stakeholders to outline ‘the big picture’ at National Conference (0)
- Second edition of older drivers’ magazine on the horizon (0)
- Roadshow sets out to positively influence teenage drivers (1)
- THINK! highlights priorities and campaigns for 2015/16 (6)
- Government funds electric bikes pilot scheme (3)
- New Scottish cycling project is simply FABB (0)
- Road Safety Wales launches annual drink/drug drive competition (0)
- Wasted Lives passes 50k milestone (0)
- Older drivers the focus of awareness week (0)
- Road death and KSI increases threaten Northern Ireland 2020 targets (0)
Academy news |
Drink driving |
Driver distraction |
Driver tiredness |
Driving at work | Drug driving | Engineering | Events | General news | In-car safety | Mobile phones
Motorcyclists | Older drivers | Pedestrians | Research & evaluation | RSGB news | SCPs | Speed
Statistics & data | Teenagers | Vehicles & Technology | Young drivers
In cycling safety campaigns / material, should cyclists always be shown wearing helmets?PREVIOUS SURVEY Can ‘shared space’ schemes improve road safety? YES 51% | NO 28% | NOT SURE 21% (Final result - 102 responses)
Survey results archive...
How to overtake cyclists
A new film featuring British Cycling’s Chris Boardman and driving instructor Blaine Walsh shows drivers how to safely overtake cyclists.