A new road safety strategy for Birmingham has been developed which focuses on the three issues of safer roads, safer people and safer vehicles.
Highways England has launched a new campaign urging drivers to slow down when it’s raining, on the back of data showing that road users are 30 times more likely to be killed or seriously injured in rain than in snow.
The Ministry of Justice has announced a consultation on proposals to increase penalties for drivers who kill while driving dangerously, carelessly or under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
The 2016 THINK! Christmas drink drive campaign launches today (1 Dec), specifically targeting young males on the back of figures which show they account for almost two thirds (62%) of drink drivers killed on roads across the country.
The THINK! team has launched an interactive 360 degree image of a crash as part of the latest phase of the autumn 2016 Country Roads campaign.
Police forces across the UK have this week launched their annual festive campaigns in an effort to tackle the threat posed by drink and drug drivers.
Health experts are calling on local authorities to introduce more 20mph speed limits in congested residential areas in an attempt to reduce air pollution.
A leading social researcher has suggested that road safety professionals could be doing more to encourage independent travel by children, rather than ‘ducking the issue’.
Delegates at the 2017 Young Driver Focus conference will hear how behavioural insights can be used to improve road safety.
- Road safety team launches new phase of distraction campaign (0)
- Police video urges cyclists to wear reflective gear (2)
- Child seat experts recognised for casualty reduction efforts (1)
- New funding a ‘major step’ towards Government’s zero emission vehicle target (2)
- TISPOL launches road safety advent calendar (0)
- Festive drink drive campaign is backed by bereaved mum (0)
- Transport secretary outlines roads investment plans (2)
- GMP launches ‘crackdown’ on drivers who disregard safety (0)
- Welsh police and Road Safety Wales join forces to tackle drink and drug driving (0)
- Police to use ‘intelligence-led tactics’ to detect drink/drug drivers (0)
- LATEST: Mayo students win national award for road safety film (0)
20mph limits |
Academy news |
Autonomous vehicles |
Drink driving |
Driver tiredness | Driver training | Driving at work | Driving conditions | Drug driving | Engineering | Enforcement
Events | Fit to drive | General news | In-car safety | Mobile phones | Motorcyclists | News in brief | Older drivers
Pedestrians | Research & evaluation | RSGB news | SCPs | Speed | Statistics & data | Teenagers
Vehicles & Technology | Young drivers