In an annual survey commissioned by the Department of the Environment in Northern Ireland (DOENI), one in four respondents said they would drive after one alcoholic drink.
A new report which examines the collision risk on Suffolk’s roads suggests that while the overall outlook for the county’s road users is positive, there are significant risks for some road user types.
The 2014 National Road Safety Conference will comprise 32 presentations and three panel discussion sessions, spread across the main and fringe programmes.
Andrew Miller, chief technical officer of Thatcham Research, is the new president and chairman of Euro NCAP.
Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service has received a Prince Michael Award for its “leadership in road safety”.
New road surfacing system provides 'bright colour-fast skid resistant demarcation'.
- RoSPA calls for temporary lower drink drive penalties (0)
- Boosting cycling 'could be worth £6bn annually' (4)
- Diabetic drivers need more support: TRL (0)
- New legislation introduced to cut Scotland’s drink drive limit (7)
- HGV speed limit increase will increase deaths and injury (9)
- Driverless technology is ‘the future’: transport minister (20)
- Final figures confirm 10% fall in casualties on Scotland’s roads (2)
- Government cycling strategy a ‘derisory plan’: CTC (16)
- Government to increase tractor weight and speed limits (5)
- New resource launched for learner drivers (1)
- Brake unveils plans for launch of 2014 Road Safety Week (0)
- ‘Electric surge’ as drivers switch to plug-in cars (0)
- Young teens crowned UK’s best young pre-drivers (0)
- Police Scotland video urges drivers to prepare for winter (1)
- Young driver tax break 'will save lives and money' (0)
- GEM issues deer alert for drivers (1)
How modern technology is viewed by Britain's drivers.
Casualty reduction – end of the golden era?
Tanya Fosdick, senior analyst at RSA, examines the DfT's 2013 casualty data. Comments (5)
Academy news /
Drink driving /
Driver tiredness /
Driving at work /
Drug driving /
General news /
Mobile phones /
Research & evaluation
RSGB news /
Statistics & data /
Vehicles & Technology /