New figures obtained by the BBC show that there were 10,000 motorists legally driving on British roads last month, despite having amassed 12 points on their licence.
Nearly 50% of all faults found on MOTs could be avoided by carrying out regular, simple checks and maintenance, new DVSA figures have revealed.
The DfT confirmed on 22 February that it has been notified by the UN that new rules for manufacturers of backless booster seats apply from 9 Feb 2017.
The Government has set out new measures as part of its ongoing campaign to ensure the UK becomes a ‘world leader’ for autonomous and electric vehicles.
A new report suggests that the UK is the third most traffic-congested country in Europe, with drivers spending an average of 32 hours in traffic during peak hours each year.
The Government has awarded £4m to a series of technology projects designed to cut congestion, speed up journeys and clean up the environment.
A new campaign has been launched in Ireland in an attempt to highlight the dangers involved in driving for work to both employers and employees.
A rise in the weight of goods being transported on Great Britain’s roads will see pothole levels ‘surge’, local councils are warning.
Camden Council is piloting a scheme under which roads near schools are closed as children arrive and depart, in a bid to encourage more pupils to walk and cycle to school.
- Committee invites papers for 2017 National Conference (0)
- North Wales Police renews call for dash cam evidence (6)
- NFU ‘disappointed’ by trailer weight limit ruling (6)
- App rewards drivers for not using their mobile (4)
- New milestone for ‘alternatively fuelled vehicles’ (6)
- Cycling campaign group stages ‘die in’ (2)
- Welsh drink drive convictions fall to lowest level (1)
- New suitcase uses ISOFIX to enhance occupant safety (2)
- Final call for Data Analysts’ Conference (0)
- GEM updates mobile phone video to reflect imminent penalty change (0)
- Government urged to rethink whiplash reforms (1)
- Early-bird tickets for National Conference snapped up in 48 hours (0)
- First LRSC e-learning module goes live (0)
- Valentine’s Day focus for young driver campaign (0)
- LATEST: EU transport ministers back ‘ambitious’ vehicle safety improvements (0)
20mph limits |
Academy news |
Autonomous vehicles |
Drink driving |
Driver tiredness | Driver training | Driving at work | Driving conditions | Drug driving | Engineering | Enforcement
Events | Fit to drive | General news | In-car safety | Mobile phones | Motorcyclists | News in brief | Older drivers
Pedestrians | Research & evaluation | RSGB news | SCPs | Speed | Statistics & data | Teenagers
Vehicles & Technology | Young drivers